STEP 3: Security Check
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, audio/video playing or recording devices , calculators, torches, flashlights, radios, compact discs (CDs), VCDs, DVDs, MP3’s, digital audio players (such as i-Pod), floppies, flash drives, memory sticks, Bluetooth devices, laptops, palm tops or portable music players (such as CD players), electronic items. Remote car key are not allowed either.
- All ladies hand bags/purses. Only a small ladies pouch in hand will be permitted.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only an unsealed, transparent plastic bag containing your application-related papers will be permitted.
- Any food item.
- Sealed envelopes or packages. Do not push folders or sealed envelopes through any of the counter windows outside or inside the consulate. However, if you are an immigrant visa applicant and have a sealed medical report, you can enter the consulate. The medical report must remain sealed at all times.
- Smoking items such as Cigarettes / cigars / matches / match boxes / lighters.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive material of any kind.
- Bottles of any kind.
- Any liquids including beverages, hand sanitizers, anti-bacterial gels.
You must not carry any food, drinks or cosmetics with you. If you carry any of that, you will have to discard them at your own risk. You must switch off your mobile phone. If it is possible to remove the battery in your mobile phone (not possible in iPhone), you must do that while at VSO.